Saturday, April 11, 2009

To my high altitude friends who never see spring

I have been MIA the past couple of weeks not because of a lack of things to blog about, but because we have been so busy. I didn't realize when I first started this blog that it was so appropriately named. I will post pictures of our travels from the past several weeks at a later date. For now I just had to put up some pictures I took from my walk yesterday. The Haun river is about one block from our apt. and they have built wonderful parks, and walking/biking paths for miles, so this has been my daily stroll. I love it! After 5 years of barely a blink of spring in MT, this has been good for all my spring fever senses.
So hopefully all my high altitude friends can take a minute and go on an internet spring walk in Seoul. I just wish you could smell the cherry blosssoms! (Which by the way, were planted mostly by the Japenese when they occupied Korea)















A few fine feathered friends along the river...





























They let hospital patients that are well enough go for a walk with a nurse. That's probably better for you than most medicine.




This is an outdoor game they play. It looks like they use a soccer ball and a lowered volleyball net. They can only hit the ball with their heads or their feet.


This is under an overpass on the highway. {Lyle said if he were homeless, that's where he would want to live.}

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh my goodness! This is gorgeous Mary. I think your walking road in ML must hide its head in shame. What a way to start your day...which follows right along with the law of compensation...you put your time in on all of those cold walking ays and look what you got in the end! I might even try to jog on a path like that...but not for long.

Tammy said...

I really do miss Spring. I really get tired of the one day of nice weather and then 3 days of cold weather. It is suppose to get warm today.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

It's always wise to stake out somewhere to go if you suddenly become homeless. Good thinking Uncle Lyle!
I can't believe how beautiful it is there! The stepping stone bridge is so simple and fabulous! That is a fabulous walking trail! I would be in the best shape because I'd never stop walking!

melanie said...

Just gorgeous!