Friday, October 30, 2009

Delicious Autumn!

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
~George Elliott~



The company Lyle works for decided we needed a trip to Naejangsan Nat.'l Park to see the fall leaves. They let him skip a day at work to avoid the weekend crowds...Thanks Woongjin!
The scenery was breathtaking, and I was wishing I was a better photographer, and had a better camera. But Mother Nature made up for my inadequacies. So enjoy this fall walk in Korea. I know we did!

Everything looks better with the right background...even us!



It was about here I started quoting Robert Frosts poem about two roads diverging in the woods...























Our Chaperons for the day: Mr. Goo on the rt. (process engineer) and Mr. Jang (plant manager).

Living in Butte gave us only about two weeks of fall weather before the freezing temperatures and snow usually put an end to it. Moses Lake wasn't a whole lot better due to the wind that ususally blew the leaves off what few trees they had the week after the trees changed colors. So we have been loving this autumn. It started in September and we are told will last through November. Low 70's during the day, cool nights and no wind.
Perfect.
Makes me want to bake pumpkin bread, go for a walk and kick some leaves.
I love Fall!!!





10 comments:

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. They are beautiful. I shoveled my sidewalks for the first time today!! We miss you guys.

Ande said...

Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you! I'm looking at snow right now and feeling pretty bad for myself, until I think that you lived in Butte and remember that you deserve to enjoy every last leaf.

Tammy said...

WoW very beautiful. I am jealous that I will probably never experience an autumn like that one.

Thanks for the great pictures.

P.S. We have snow on the ground here!! I hope you feel for us.

Richelle said...

STUNNING! Aren't seasons great.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

These pictures are surreal. Truly, the one of you and Lyle look like you're in a studio with a painted background.

Wow. Wow. Wow. You deserve a beautiful fall.

Jessica said...

Those were gorgeous pictures! I miss the fall - you said it right, Butte gets much too cold too quickly!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

WOW!! I love fall, I really do, but wow... those pictures are breathtaking! Those pictures almost look fake, they are so pretty, I can't believe it, what a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Mary!

Kim said...

Great pictures...what a beautiful park! Looks like it was a wonderful day off.

Mama Tales said...

Mary, I think my life would be changed forever if I lived in those colors!!!