Monday, May 12, 2008

Some Pictures

Time flies when your having fun...

Wow, I don't know if I really have time for this blogging stuff, at the rate I'm going it will not get updated as often as it should, so here's a recap as to all my excuses for why I was to busy to blog..
I took Lyle to the airport last Monday morning at 6am and as soon as I dropped him off, I headed for SLC for a couple of days.
My sister Kris and I should not go shopping together. We bought two dresses that are just alike, and laughed so hard that we almost had to request oxygen and get janitorial services. It was painful, and almost as memorable as when we went shopping for body shapers together a couple of years ago.
We also went to Provo and had lunch with Tyler and Krista, and then took advantage of Krista's professional haircutting skills and discount in the hair supply store.
I spent Wed. night at Lisa and Mike's. I drug them out to look at an older SUV in Draper. The guy selling it couldn't speak English and couldn't tell the truth to save himself, so lets just say Mike did all the Spanish speaking and needless to say I bagged the idea of purchasing the gas guzzler.
In the meantime Lyle was enjoying Germany and Austria.(And he calls it "work") The guy he was with took him about 11,000 ft up for a full view of the Alps. Lyle said it was georgous every where he went. He picked up these little hand carved wooden musicians from a couple in a small village. The husband carved them, and the wife did the dickering. They have a ton of detail, right down to the buttons on their coats and the wrinkles on their foreheads. They are so cool, our children will want to fight over them some day when we are gone.
Yesterday was Mothers Day and Krista and Tyler came home for a couple of days. They brought Alex Rahlf, and Tyson Pyle with them. The weather was too cold to be out, so we took naps, played games and watched movies. Oh, and Lyle got carried away with the whipping cream that was for the strawberry shortcake, and tried to fill up some empty mouths with it.
It snowed again today...did I mention we have snow 9 months of the year??? I should probably change that to 11. I'm hoping we get to have July as a snow free month.


































6 comments:

Chandra said...

Lyle with the whip cream brought back fond memories of the whip cream fight at Moo Moo's. What a mess. Looks like Lylie Bird worked really hard on his trip....NOT. Snow again? You are kidding me. It is supposed to be 95 here on Saturday. Went from winter to summer overnight....totally skipped Spring.

Mitch N' Golden said...

Hey this is that mitch guy, yeah the one that been keeping Tyler AKA Tyron out of trouble. Serious, I am getting tired its a full time job but some has to do it. I feel like a DARE officer with that kid some times. But he has come a long ways. So how I liked these pics here, Tyson came to town huh right on.

P.S. ah, have come to the conclusion that Tyrone will never invite me to the cabin so now it's all up to you too. Don't worry i keep my calender open. haha

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Mary, there's no reason for the kids to have a fight over the wooden figures . . . I'll see you get a decent price for them at your estate sale and won't try to barter.

I could imagine you and Kris laughing perfectly. Reminds me of the Ephrata Wal-Mart reset and wondering if we should spend 25 cents for 4 of those big orange plastic cups. I still can't go by that endcap without wanting to cross my legs.

Mike and Lisa said...

Neat pics dad- looks like you worked hard. And it looks like there's 4 of those little figurines so you can just give your 4 favorite children one and we'll skip the fighting.

Tammy said...

Lyle you work so hard!! Ha! Ha! I love the whip cream pictures. Those wooden figures are really cool!!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures, and welcome to the blogging world! NM is boring, I don't have a job yet ('cept trying to keep food down!) and Ben still monopolizes Mike's time. Oh well, I could be alone in Butte, so this is better. We miss you!