Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birds Eye View



This Saturday's excursion was going to the Seoul Tower. It was a clear day, but very cold. We thought we better go anyway for the sake of pictures with no fog, smog or clouds.

This guy in the picture below gets lit up at night. I think he's really there to make us wish there was another mode of transportation besides stairs!
(There really was a gondola ride almost all the way to the tower.)





I liked this mossy stone wall as we were making our way to the top.

I had to make Lyle stop for a photo shoot. He's modeling my first completed knitting project!! It's full of mistakes {but was made with love.} He wouldn't know if I skipped a row or lost a stitch anyway. It's all about functionality, not style as far as he's concerned.


Nate (Krista's fiance) told her Seoul is tied for the no. one spot of Largest City in the World along with Mexico city. Here are some pictures to give you an idea as to why....these pictures really don't do justice to the size of this city. I'm showing you less than half of what we saw.














Our apartment is somewhere across the river in the background of the picture below.










We were also fortunate enough to be there for a martial arts performance on the plaza.






And of course we couldn't leave with out the customary "tourists with part of the cast" picture.
I promise some day it will be warm enough here to have a photo of me on this blog without the black coat on.




There was one female kung fu fighter...don't mess with her.



If you want to know how fun it is to chop bamboo I think this guys face tells it all.




Helen Cummings and I took a class about 21/2 years ago on Take won do. (I KNOW that's probably not spelled right, but I'm too lazy to look it up.) Anyhow, we never quite mastered the art like this guy did...but it brought back a few funny memories of two old ladies thinking they could get into shape and be cool looking at the same time. I'm pretty sure we didn't succeed at either one.






10 comments:

Tammy said...

I like the pictures of the city. It is a little bit bigger than Butte!

I bet watching the martial arts was really cool. I am glad that you guys are having a great time.

Anonymous said...

Wow, i dont think the city was that big!

Looks like you guys are having a blast.

Brittany said...

Seoul is humungous! Wow - those pictures took my breath away. Lyle looks "extra model-like" and warm too in the finished product!

I like the black coat...You all look great. :)

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

I can't believe how big that city is. That is amazing. I like your knitting project. Very stylish!! It sounds like you are having the time of your life!!

Jon and Karen Egeland said...

WOW! I don't know that I would survive in a city that big! I'm so glad that you keep posting...I LOVE to hear what you guys are up to. I need to get your e-mail adress (I think I still remember it, but if I remember wrong someone will wonder why they are getting all these microwave recipies for).

Sydne Davies said...

Mary,
Looks like a great experience. I am sad I missed your call about my e-mail account. I am sick this happened and I lost some valuable documents. Live and Learn.
My new address is sydnedavies@live.com
Write me some time.
sydne

The Green Blog said...

I didn't realize the city was that big. Love the photos :)

melanie said...

The cityscape is nothing we see around here, ha! I would define hick from the sticks if I visited. :) I love your weekend excursion, looks like a great day.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing these pictures. I feel like I am with you. You guys look great! Sue

Sydne Davies said...

I have changed my e-mail address to sydnedavies@gmail.com. Plus I have a new phone and do not have your cell # anymore. Send it to me please.
Sydne