Monday, March 2, 2009

Stairway to Heaven??



This past Saturday and Sunday was Stake conference. These are our cute sister missionaries that were standing at the top of the subway when we got off. The Korean on the left (Sister Lee)has been a member of the church her whole life, and speaks fairly good english. The one in the middle (Sister Lemons) is Dale Eager's neice for all you Moses Lakers out there. She is a great missionary and is training the other two. She speaks Korean really well and has only been on her mission for 8 months. The blond on the far right (Sister Olsen) is from the Logan ward my brother lived in. Its such a small world sometimes. 7,000 miles from the U.S. and you can still make a connection with people.

So our Saturday of what would normaly be sight seeing turned into the long trek to church.

OK, I know the pioneers had it much worse, but here are the subway steps we tackle to get to all our subway stations and transfers.This is only one leg of the trip. I decided to spare you of all the additional escaltors and walking in between stops. I'm really not complaining (except for maybe the hour and a half it takes to get there one way) Lyle decided we were going to not take the escaltors anymore unless it was the only option. I am getting my exercise. Now if I just didn't pass Krispy Kreme when I go walking, I might actually loose some weight. Suzanne Sommers and her Stair Master will have nothing on me when I am done doing this.
These stairs are pictured in order from Sunae to Yeongdongpo-gu.




The picture above is four flights, I have to stop half way and check to see if I still have a pulse.














That's about it for this week. Oh, I almost forgot...I ate my first raw fish Friday night. Yep, the gag reflex didn't even kick in for either of us. {Be proud of us Andrews, be very proud} Lyle's boss took us out to dinner at a fancy french restaruaunt with a Korean twist on it. Hence, the raw fish on top of my salad, and the pickled radishes as a condiment. But the creme brulee made up for everything!
Krista comes tomorrow night. Yea!!!







4 comments:

Tammy said...

That is alot of stairs. Just looking at them make me tired.

A big high five to you for eating raw fish. My gag reflexes kicked in just thinking about it.

Yeah, I am glad that Krista is coming.

Mike and Lisa said...

I just dropped Krista off at the airport-wish I could've hopped in her bag, with Emmett in tow.

Duludes said...

Mary sounds like quite the adventure you guys are getting to experience over there. It's been fun reading your post. I just got Kacey's Christmas card in the mail a week ago. Her little family is growing so fast. Joel and I think on our move to Tennessee this summer we will try to stop by and see them.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that IS a long trek. Being from a place where driving a quarter of a mile is a trek, I feel for you.

And I'm proud you for having your first raw fish experience! You're an inspiration. I can't even dare...

And Have fun with Krista! Post pictures! You'll get to see her ring before I do! Bah! Love you guys!