Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Newest Additions



Ok these three little guys don't look so spectacular, compared to what was available, kind of reminds me of Charlies Browns choice in a Christmas tree. There was some method to our madness. They only have to be watered once a month and even less in the winter. We have a half of chance of keeping them alive if the can survive neglect. When we go back to the U.S. for three weeks, I don't want them getting thirsty. The large one is a Chinese Jade plant. Its 30 years old to get it to that size, and it will flower every spring. I will have to have a burial service if we kill it, it is so old.
The picture below is what we could have selected from, if we weren't so practical.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tammy said...

I really like those plants. I really like that you only have to water them once a month. I bet I could still kill them.

The Green Blog said...

That's incredible that the plant is still alive after 30 years. I think you have half a chance of keeping it alive if it's lived that long :)

Lindsee said...

So glad you commented on my blog so I could see yours! And thanks for the tip, I will have to try that! I cry so bad when cutting onions that my eyes are puffy later. Not good :)

Lyle and Mary: said...

Hi Mary It is so nice to talk to you. patsy

Ande said...

I like your choices...especially the reasons behind them. I can't keep anything alive either. Good luck!