Sunday, February 15, 2009

Signs of the (good) times in Korenglish


I took a walk through the neighborhood with my camera. I thought you would like to see how a few things get "lost in translation" and yet, on the other hand "a rose, by any other name is still a rose."


I am POSITIVE they got the name on this bar right. The Man Club didn't have near the business...





I am pretty sure they could open up a whole bunch of these bars in Butte and do well.





Are they trying to say "Keep the kids home, please." It wouldn't make it in Utah.


Posted by Picasa


I always prefer my IK (??) to go, but its nice to have the "bottoms up" option.





By the way, when you are at the "Buy the Way Cafe", they prefer it if you BUY!



And forget poppy seed bread, puppy seed is much tastier. Although I'm still wondering where they go to get all those little puppy seeds. Hmm.



I love this guy, he reminds me of the U.S. I wave to him everytime I am walking to catch the subway. He's most definately my SEOUL Man.


Now this is a great idea...since guys usually have a difficult time explaining how they want their hair cut anyway. All they have to do is decide on which of the four haircuts they want, point to it, and the barber gets it right and the customer is never disapointed. Sadly, it wouldn't work for Lyle, since these drawings all have hair, and his haircut is not one of the options here :o(




Haven't bought these yet, but they've gotta be as good as homemade.



And what eye couldn't use a good friend?



I could go on, but I will end with asking Eric, why are you spending so much on dental school and the high cost of living in California? Just come to UCLA in Korea and let us spoil Lilly...please?


5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Mary, I just plain feel cultured after I read your blog. And that new little picture of you and Lyle, oh man, that is the funniest. Would you please make it big and post it on your blog. It really is just too good to have to put a magnifying glass up to the computer for details. Please, please post it big one time.

I think that haircut board is on to something.

I think that man wants more than your wave. I think he wants your dollar.

What a fun world to see. Thank you.

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

You are funny...Those signs are a crack up. I know I already emailed you, but we are so happy for Krista. Congrats. I too would like to thank her for making you come home sooner!! Thanks for the update. We will donate to the send Eric to UCLA fund if you want!!

Tammy said...

Too funny! I think that my favorite is Club the Man! I can see that happening in Butte!

Mike and Lisa said...

Mom-I can make that picture that Jane was talking about big for you if you want me to...if you don't know how. :)

Brittany said...

Could you be any funnier? Oh my...."Club the Man" & "Beer Hunter"!!??? Is this for real? It's like you are living in Bizarro World.