Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm getting spring fever


This week we went to 63 Building. Yea, you read that right, not Building 63. It is the tallest building in Seoul. And here's the view from one of the windows. Incredible, how large this city is. You are only looking at a tiny speck of the view from up on top. You can click on the picture to get a little better idea. Sorry it was kind of a foggy cloudy day like most of them in the winter.



63 building also has an aquarium in the basement and it was pretty good, even if the fish I am standing by is literaly older than dirt that has been embalmed. It was the only one I could find that would hold still long enough for a picture., oh except for this one...


Notice how Lyle can be calm and collected in any situation. Even a pending shark attack. What a guy.

We also went to the flower market. These people never do anything on a small scale. It was a wholesale and retail market, and of course 5 large green houses. It took us about an hour in each green house if that tells you how long we hung out there. Every plant was georgous.
I always took a little pride in getting my two struggling orchids to bloom every year, thinking how great they looked. I have been humbled. They obviously need more water and more plant food Lisa.

Sorry a couple of these wanted to stay sideways, I had them flipped in the folder, but they kept wanting to turn back the other way when I posted them. Give your neck a stretch on these.


Can you be this healthy with no dirt. Obviously, if you know what your doing.


OK, one more. This is just a smidgen of what was there. There were rooms full of these.



Church was good. I am a bit of a quote collector. Have been for years. That and recipes. Ok, and maybe a few stamps and shoes too. Anyways, this is a quote from Pres. Monson that was part of our R.S lesson on Sunday. I thought it was fabulous council, now I just need to try harder to follow it.
"Let us make our homes sanctuaries of righteousness, places of prayer, and abodes of love that we might merit the blessings that can only come from our Heavenly Father. We need His guidence in our daily lives."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so nice to talk to you last night. I forgot how much I missed talking to you. The flowers are amazing. I like your little plants. Thanks for the update. Talk to you soon.
Sarah

The Green Blog said...

Wow.. what a neat place to live. All those flowers are amazing. I'm glad Lyle survived the shark attack.

Anonymous said...

Wow those flowers are awesome! I wish that I had some here! :) Miss ya.