Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We Love To See The...

Krista and I headed of to the CoEx Mall today and while we were wandering around lost {again} we stumbled onto this Budhist Temple area. The buildings are dated from the mid-1800's, but the site for these temples has existed since 749AD!

There are quite a few pictures here, but we enjoyed seeing the area so much we thought you would too.






There were people worshiping and praying in almost every building, so we didn't go inside.

This is one of the monks (below) walking on the grounds.













The Korean children are so adorable. This little girls father said we could take her picture. She was playing in the bushes, but got very sober looking when we asked her to smile. She waved and smiled later. Typical kid behavior no matter where you live.




People come to these statues and light a candle and leave it there or they drink from these community plastic cups. I believe they thing the water gives them good fortune.




I don't think this Budha is as large as "Our {famous} Butte Lady of the Rockies" but he was big!



We thought this was a cool knarly tree that must have taken years of pruning.







Krista drinking from the fountain... for good luck, or someone's cold. Everyone uses the same cups, and they are well used.



Women lighting candles.






Add Image

9 comments:

Chris said...

I spent and hour looking over your entire blog that I haven't seen before. I will have to keep up now. How fun to find a wedding dress in Korea. Good story for the kids someday.

DerekTill said...

Spring break might have to be spent with you guys this year! Very cool pictures.

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

Wow. What a trip. Those are some great pictures. The architecture is SO AMAZING. Glad to hear that you got some great shopping done for wedding. Way to go. Cory has a tie fetish, so don't tell him about your wicked awesome deals!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Clever title, Mary, clever title!

Ahhh...NOTHING can compare to Mother Mary looking over Butte, nothing.

Mama Tales said...

I'm having a great time reading about your adventures!! Glad you have some company and good luck with the wedding! Shelly Nelson

Tammy said...

I am so glad that you have someone to go site seeing with.

I am glad that you can still compare things to here in Butte. It makes me feel so loved.

Eric and Carrie said...

That was a beautiful Buddhist temple. How fun that you can just happen upon such awesome places. Wish we could be there!

lyle said...

I wanna bring that little Korean girl home with us.

Lyle

melanie said...

I'm with Lyle. If I didn't already have 4 crazies around here, I'd make you pack that little girl up and bring her home to me. She's adorable! Great post.