Monday, August 3, 2009

Memories made while back in the U.S. of A.


{Emmett wondering if this grandma will ever stop kissing his chubby cheeks.}


It was great being back in the States and the time flew by way too quickly.
We are back to looking at fish and kimchee on the menus, and adjusting to our new place in Sangu.
I thought I would post a few pictures of our time spent with family and friends, and will tell you from the beginning that I accidently left my camera at the cabin :(
Tradgedy, because I had only put about half of my pictures onto the computer. The other half that is still on my camera would be the week of the 4th of July at Island Park (you will have to wait to see that picture of Lyle waterskiing in the sunset...and most importantly, Krista and Nates wedding!!! To see pictures from the wedding you can view some via facebook and go to Lisa's or Krista's pictures they posted. Trust me, it was a wonderful day, even with the downpour of rain in SLC right when it was time for the bride and groom to make their grand appearance and take photos. Other than that everything else was perfect. Here's a short recap of the rest of our visit.
*****************************************************

Like father, like son...waiting for Lisa to come in on her 15 mile bike race in Logan.

Hanging out with the Smiths and Raymonds at Lagoon.


Did I mention like "father like son" a little earlier...



We were so grateful to be a part of Jordana's sealing to her parents Tammy and Dave in the Bountiful temple, and as an added bonus got to see Meagan again.

Went to the Oquirrh Mt. temple open house.
Oops, I didn't realize this picture was skeewampus, and you already know I wouldn't have a clue as to how to turn it.

At the Draper temple for Krista the day before the sealing.


We were able to listen to the Tabernacle Choir's dress rehersal before they hit the road and started their summer tour.


Some of the cousins with Krista at her bridal shower






7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

More! More! More!

This was so fun to read. I love yours and Chris' matching necklaces...it made me laugh.

I'm glad you had such a good time. I miss you...and your funny sense of humor and laugh.

Eric and Carrie said...

Nice photos. I think you need a better camera though mom, some blurry ones in there, especially since dad is the Candy Man now days.

Mike and Lisa said...

Oh my, chubby is right! Those photos make Emmett look almost obese. Don't they say the camera adds 10 lbs? And I agree with Eric. Time for an update.

Tammy said...

I love the pictures!! It was so good to see you! I love the picture with you and Emmett!

The Green Blog said...

Yea! You made it back to the states. Your daughters wedding sounds amazing. You have a new apartment now? The project must be moving right along.

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

At first, I totally thought Krista was with Lindsay Lohan in the last picture!!! Haha. And again, you do have super cute grandkids. I'm so glad that we can keep in touch! We love you guys and miss you tons!

Brittany said...

LOVE the update...but we love even more that we were able to see you in person.

Krista and Nate's wedding was gorgeous. It was a treat to be able to see you. You and Lyle always make all those around you smile!