Sunday, August 16, 2009

Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood??


We have lived in Sangu for over a month now and I haven't introduced anyone to the locals so here you go and "Welcome to Sangu!"

I don't know if you can see this but the hard hats for the construction workers are wide-brimmed. Korean's are very concerned about sun damage. Hopefully someday they will worry more about the lung damage from their cigarettes.

Just doing his job and doing it well might I add.

The hospital is right behind us and it has an open door policy as near as we can tell. We have seen much worse wandering around carrying around their I.V.'s on a wooden pole as they walk. I'm not sure its such a bad idea to get a breath of fresh air and some exercise when your on the mend, its the contamination factor on both ends that kind of worries me.

This is the local car wash and detail shop right behind our "villa." Villa translated:small apartment complex, don't think we are in a french type villa when you here that word. It just means we are no longer 30 stories high.


A little Korean girl in our villa.

Korean halmoni (grandmother)

No, that's not your average white trash in the hood. But it is the corner of our block. They don't use garbage cans everyone just kind of dumps it on the road side at night. The local wild cats have first dibs on it and then the garbage fairies come at night and its gone in the morning. Magic I tell you. We never see or hear a garbage truck.

Scary American roaming the streets...NOT looking like one of the locals.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

WOW! I am impressed with the guy on the bike. I don't know that I could do that!

As far as the game FarmVille. Yeah it is a little addicting. Half of the time I really don't know what I am doing. I just move stuff around and build fences. It is just another thing for me to waste my time on. LOL

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great idea for a post! I am so glad to meet your neighbors. I'm still trying to figure out the car wash.

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

I love this post. After I graduated from CWU I've dreamt of going over seas to help children learn english. It's fun to see posts like this, the real stuff that makes the trips so much more interesting!

Chandra said...

I'd be worried about that white trash in the hood. Looks like you are still having a great time.